Monday 11 February 2013

Empty Shells Of A Time


Sometimes life redirects our hearts
Breaks them in many shattered parts
Even if we promised ourselves it wouldn't be
Life plays a game that we rarely see...

It wasn't malice that brought me to say no to you
It was more the fear of feelings becoming too true...
You were too close by then, the friend
The one intimate who would never hold my hand

I never set out to make you get upset
And you knew what I wanted from the onset
Patience has nothing to do with what we lived
And in a future neither of us truly believed...

I couldn't wait for you to change your mind
Live this way, walking on as if I was blind
I am not toy, I am flesh, blood and fire
Now our history came to finally expire...

No, there is not pettiness in asking
For my things to be returning
To me now that we will never speak again
As you said, now, things will never be the same...

So my friend, I bid you goodbye, goodnight
For you I cared for with all my might, 
Will I miss you, your funny ways
Yes, I shall... I probably will, always...

But no future did we speak of any time
The time with you, I'll cherish with memories sublime
With the little white monkey by my side
I will remember you with much pride.


Laurence Ramos
12/02/2013

(For David, my postman friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment