Tuesday 15 January 2013

Song Bird


And they sang for me the sweetest tune of all
As I sat watching the waters from the mountains fall
The wind brushing my hair here and there
Teaching me that life can sometimes be fair….
But winter came and they sang no more
They flew away and I knew not what for
I sat by the glacial waters of the tall mountains
My heart counting the days with untold pain…
I looked up to the sky so clear
My soul filled with fear
Their return was taking so long
And my longing for their songs so strong…
Spring arrived without my knowing
Their beautiful voices started arriving
And my colder heart rejoiced finally
For I could sit by the water with them singing for me…
Summer rolled like a cloud glides in the sky
None paid attention but all cried why
On its last dying day the birds left again
And the days were no longer the same again….

Laurence Ramos
January, 14th. 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment