Sunday 25 November 2012

The Poet Young-3


The mornings hold nothing new
Just old memories of you
The poet, the friend
The one I thought could understand
Somewhere in my despair 
I lost track, let you fly off in the air
But the piano keeps on playing
All the while I am waiting
For the moment you will remember
That in me you have a friend forever
That life will never go far by
Without you wondering why
I act in such a way
Every time I take a turn these days
Maybe one day you will miss this friendship
Maybe upon my craziness again will you trip
Until then I must move on some way
Waiting patiently for that day
In the meantime look after yourself well
On this I shall no longer dwell
Inside, I will smile at you
Even if the outside one is hardly ever true
Because you were the light in my darkness
The path, the way out of my mental mess
So goodbye for now and be strong
Do not let life tarnish the hope of the Poet Young
For he will one day shine for someone else better
And then maybe you will see what lays beneath the layer
Of craziness and anger, the wild child you took under your wing
But this no longer yours to worry, yours for understanding

Laurence Ramos
November, 25. 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment