Thursday 25 October 2012

A Dedication

Little noises flicker around the mind
Thoughts most unkind
The temper boiling over from the stress
And having to look back on the past mess....

Time may pass but the wounds are there
Hidden, warm and waiting somewhere
The smile may fool the many around
But to hell lately my mind is bound....

One day they were there, waiting
For the return of the child coming
Hoping for that one last hug, last goodbye
But it never happened and they never knew why....

Each Autumn their memory awakens in her mind
And in the heart of the one left behind
She tried to join them but had to stay
Accepting this had to be the only way...

Still for them she loves, lives and hopes,
Loosening the last remaining ropes
Holding her to the life that led her to lose all
Still trying not to take that final fall...


In memory of my father, Grand Mother and Grand Father whom I will always love more than life itself.
Them who sacrificed all they had for me, for my childhood to be happy hoping that my life would be good.
It's getting better but without you sometimes it is hard. I just wish I had had that last goodbye...

Laurence Ramos
25/10/2012
7.02 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment