Friday 14 September 2012

Behind Pride


No nothing would let me admit it
What festers within me simply
Held by the fear, my mind won’t submit
To what the heart begs it to see…

Yet it is there, somewhere inside
Boiling over in all manner of ways
Kept prisoner by my heightened pride
Maybe I’ll tell you some days…

Some many times I seem to seek within
What is keeping a light in this odd place
Trying desperately to find it, something to pin
To what is not there, to some face….

Hard to appreciate what feels so good
When it is not comprehensible
Bringing about this sulking mood
Letting me forget what is so sensible

No it is not possible to understand
And my mind still refuses to think
About why I walk about with this emptied hand
And my eyes so often refuse to blink

Sleep is sweet yet seldom comes to me
Every time I close my eyes I see them smiling
They beg of me to be happy
In words that I fake understanding

Never seeing the point of hoping
Not seeking to find this feeling truly
I’ll keep on enjoy it’s presence growing
And maybe one day, why it’s there is what I’ll see!!!

Laurence Ramos
15/09/2012
3.08 am


No comments:

Post a Comment