Sunday 15 April 2012

Please

You must forgive me for talking like this today,
You tried I understand to show me a better way,
But when the darkness is here no light can pierce through,
No words, no notes, no music seem to ring true.

I tried so hard to stay away from the pain of old,
Yet it reached me in a movement so bold,
Reminding me that I am always a temporary solution
To anyone’s needs, to anyone’s times of depression.

I have never been to anyone a long standing friend
Not once have I felt I had a place, just that helping hand,
In spite of all you have been a real, precious friend though,
But before I hurt more, before the pain returns again, please let me go.

Children will grow, they will soon forget about me,
It is happening already, can you not see?
I can’t go on much more in this way,
Please don’t make me stay.

I have no more patience, it is all gone,
And I can’t continue living with all this inside me, all alone.
I tried to see a future much more bright,
But all around me by day is as dark and lonely as night.

No comments:

Post a Comment