Sunday 30 October 2011

Leaving Her

It had been a stormy day grey, cold and windy

August fury as the water raged upon the sand,

As they left to eat and drink I sad under the rain,

Watching the waters barely resisting the urge.



If I was to live, I had to go, I had to leave her behind.

I'd have to leave her, keep the memory in my heart,

The salty air, the grainy sand and her beautiful motion,

If I chose life I had to leave her behind, I couldn't keep her.



My mind was swirling with thoughts of another option,

I could still hear them laugh faintly behind me,

So I sad quietly, my mind and heart weeping with the pain....

Knowing it was living with her away or die with her around me.....



Getting up, I cleared my mind, thinking of nothing,

Walking towards her was my only goal,

One last dip in the cold salty waters of her massiveness,

If she took me I'd not have to miss no one, I'd be there forever....



Savouring the sounds of her lapping waters around the shore,

There was little to keep me back, just the urge winning,

I only wanted another to feel the frozen frothy waters

To either dwell there forever or remember her in her splendour.



I had grown up with her and the pines as my background,

The raging water and the rustling pines needles songs as my lullabies,

And to live on I had to let them go, to leave them behind

It seemed such a shame, it hurt my heart to detach myself from what I loved so....



I reached the water, it came rushing to me with a welcoming hug,

The cold embracing my toes with all their loving touching,

I turned back to look on the few pines around, the dunes....

Masses of sand and trees, and I walked in slowly....



I walked on and on, pushing against her refusal to let me in,

Letting my legs drop me in, I drew one last breath,

It was only a second of tossing me about in her icy hold

And she spat me out in a huge wave, leaving me crying on the sand.....



It was that I had to go, leave her and them all behind,

And I cried as I knew I would never feel her on my skin again,

It pained to know that I couldn't remain there,

Life chose me and it didn't care that I chose her.



So I left behind my beautiful Atlantic Ocean,

with her icy, wilful waves, her soft golden sand,

I abandoned the pine forest of my childhood,

Their morning rustling still singing in my heart,

All to remain in my pain ridden heart to sing for me at night.
MCN: CGFJH-YCXXK-CR4VB

No comments:

Post a Comment