Sunday 9 October 2011

Dreaming Away

Dreaming away of a time in our world history

where there'll be the Utopia dreamed by so many....

Dreaming away of a time when our vision

is no longer warped by the realisations of difference.

Dreaming away of the time when equality

will not be made of mockery of.

Dreaming away of when we are no longer treating

our fellow human lower than ourselves....

Dreaming away.....

of the day I will see all races and faith sharing the bread

they earned from their own hands, hard worked for.

I dream away of a time when we all smile at each other,

Seeing in our fellow the child of Adam like ourselves,

I dream away of the time when love will flow free....

I dream away......



Can you not see? Can you not feel?

Should you be in a desert, walking alongside the black man strong and faithful,

you the white man, so full of his race and himself....

Would you not share your water with him who is your companion

Like you'd want him to do so with you?

And should you be alone in a cold cellar, locked in and fearful,

you the sinful minded Arab, cold and God fearing...

Would you share you warm woollen mantle like you'd wish he'd do with you?

I've only chosen the typical form of racism,

But Oh God do I dream for all this to stop!



Like many of us, my best friend is the same race and faith as me, but we both have friends from all over the world, all walks of life, all ages, all wealth, health, all sorts and I love the variety, the lessons I can draw from all those I encounter, the love shared, the experiences shared, the beauty of the love passing from hug, handshake, words share.....



People! It is your choice to slowly stop the rise in negativity, starting with yourself, or to hold it close to your heart... If you so wish to continue, by all means do.. but do so away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment